LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board PCB released the schedule for Pakistan’s Domestic Cricket 2021-22 season. It will hold 10 tournaments, comprising 266 matches.
According to a press statement issued Monday, PCB has organized 220 matches in nine tournaments in the 2020-21 season.
The season will start with the T20 tournaments, followed by red-ball versions of the game before culminating with the 50-over Pakistan Cup.
The location for the matches in the 2021-22 season has been finalized. It will be held in Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Muridke, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sheikhupura, and Sialkot.
The statement released by the PCB says that domestic competitions in the 2021-22 season are separate from the home international matches and the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) will be held between September 2021 and March 2022.
The ongoing CCA tournament matches and the CCA U19 tournament scheduled for September 1 are not included in the domestic matches’ schedule for 2021-22.
PCB further explained the six Cricket Associations to field two sides each in the U16 and U19 tournaments. This means 12 sides will feature in the 62-match National U19 three-day championship and One-Day Cup, which will run side by side, from 3 October to 12 November in Gujranwala, Islamabad, Muridke, Rawalpindi, and Sialkot.
First XI competitions
- National T20 (six teams, 33 matches) – 25 September-13 October
- Quaid-e-Azam Trophy (six teams, 31 matches) – 20 October-29 December
- Pakistan Cup (six teams, 33 matches) – 25 February-30 March 2022
Second XI competitions
- Cricket Associations T20 (six teams, 15 matches) – 15-22 September
- Cricket Associations Championship (three-day) (six teams, 30 matches) – 28 September-14 November
- Cricket Associations Challenge (50 overs) (six teams, 15 matches) – 19-27 November
- National U19 Championship (three-day) and Cup (one-Day) (12 teams, 62 matches) – (3 October–12 November)
- National U16 Cup (One-Day) (12 teams, 31 matches) – 8-19 March 2022
- National U13 Cup (One-Day) (16 matches) – 8-18 February 2022
Here See the Schedule!
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) August 9, 2021
This year, the National U13 One-Day Cup will be held in Faisalabad from 8 to 18 February 2022. It didn’t happen last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“For the 2021-22 age-group cricket season, each Cricket Association will be allowed to field two U16 and U19 sides so that we can increase the pool of players at the grassroots level with a focus on providing more opportunities and exposure to our next generation of cricketers,” High-Performance Director Nadeem Khan was quoted as saying in the statement.
He said this strategy is aligned to the Cricket Associations planning of reviving clubs, schools, and universities cricket within their jurisdictions.
“With the amount of international cricket across all three formats scheduled in the 2021-22 season and beyond, the upcoming season will prove to be a pathway for all those aspiring to serve Pakistan cricket and making a name at the international level,” said Khan.
“Most of the first XI matches will be televised and promoted digitally, meaning no performance can be ignored or overlooked,” he added.
Details on the tournament schedule, squads, and match official appointments will be released in the lead-up to the events.